Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport of South Africa (CILTSA)
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) is the international body for logistics and transport professionals, active in over 30 countries and servicing the interests of over 30 000 members. Committed to advancing logistics and transport, CILT established a section in South Africa, CILTSA, in December 2002.
To be recognised as the leading worldwide source and assurance of excellence for logistics and transport professionals.
- To establish and maintain the professional standing of members for recognition of their superior expertise and ability to create world-class logistics and transport values within their organisations and South Africa at large.
- To support the profession’s transformation by transferring skills to young professionals from formerly disadvantaged communities through mentoring and career development initiatives, in an effort to be inclusive rather than exclusive.
- To promote the study of the science and the art of logistics and transport.
- To cooperate with the education sector and with other professional standardsetting bodies, in keeping with our code of professional conduct.
- To foster investigation and research into the development and improvement of logistics and transport.
- To hold regular meetings, conferences and events on logistics and transport.
- To optimise the use of information technology in logistics and transport.
- To provide professional input to the industry, government and the community.
- To promote safety and security in all modes of transport.